- Building Energy Management Systems
- Direct Free Cooling
- Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM)
- Reactive Maintenance and Emergency Call Out
- Building Equipment Refurbishment
Diamond Light Source Fan Upgrade
This case study outlines how ebm-papst, Cinque Energy Solutions and Stulz are working together to provide energy saving solutions to their customers.
In this example, one of the UK’s leading scientific organisations dramatically reduced their cooling energy consumption by simply upgrading their existing air conditioning equipment to...Read more
We pride ourselves in providing our clients with an integrated, cost-effective solution to building services and maintenance programmes through building management systems, planned preventive maintenance, reactive maintenance and building equipment refurbishment. We work in a wide range of environments, including data centres, educational facilities, commercial properties and MOD, industrial, retail and local government buildings throughout the UK.
We also work with our clients to ensure they meet current legislation and guidelines to reduce their carbon footprint. This is achieved by providing operating programmes and solutions that contribute to a real reduction in carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. Please read our environmental policy for more information.
BMS / BEMS - Building Energy Management Systems
What is BMS or BEMS?
A building management system (BMS) is a computer monitoring control system that is installed to convey critical information by monitoring the building’s mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Critical monitoring of all equipment operating on site
- Analysis and reporting as live data on all faults and temperatures on equipment
- Reducing energy costs with time controls for lights and air conditioning / heating to switch on and off to meet occupancy on an optimal sequencing pattern
- Monitoring and analysis of where and when energy is consumed
- Monitoring equipment remotely from other sites
- Assisting with regulating timely maintenance, increasing the lifespan of capital investments
- Cross checking and training solutions for critical areas of business
- Maximising staff comfort by providing an optimum environment for productivity
- Improved response to HVAC-related faults and problems meeting employment SLAs
This versatile management information system can control and report on systems including ventilation, lighting, power, fire and security, and with our extensive experience in delivering building management systems, we’ll be able to tailor your BMS specifically to you.
Cinque Energy Solutions is an approved installer for Cylon Controls; a recognised international leader in development of smart energy management systems. We are proud of our 17 year partnership, which is well respected throughout the industry.
Direct Free Cooling
We’ve developed a ground breaking free cooling control system at Cinque Energy Solutions that can significantly reduce the amount you spend on cooling solutions. There’s no need for new and costly data centres or UPS machines as we’ll fit the cooling system onto your existing units.
What is Direct Free Cooling?
Our free cooling or free air control system uses the ambient outside air temperature to cool your server or UPS machines, without the use of air conditioning. This means you can dramatically reduce the running costs of your equipment from between 20% - 75%, which in turn offers a potential for large financial savings. Take a look at these examples:
100KW cooling saving per year £21,621.60 33Kwh @ 10p Kwh
1000KW cooling saving per year £216,216.00 330Kwh @ 10p Kwh
10000KW cooling saving per year £2, 162,160.00 3300KWh @ 10p Kwh
How does Free Cooling work?
Free cooling works by using your existing close control air conditioning systems with additional supply/extract fans, ductwork, dampers, sensors and Cinque Energy Solutions’ unique control system. The control system monitors the outdoor air temperature 24/7 to establish when filtrated fresh air can be used to cool your server and UPS systems, switching back to your original air conditioning when the ambient air is too warm. The outdoor air temperature is monitored on a real-time basis, ensuring maximum free cooling and maximum cost reductions.
Take a look at our direct free cooling information pdf to see exactly how the cooling system works.
The 5 Steps to Direct Free Cooling:
1. Phone, send an email or contact us via our website giving us your contact details and outlining your requirements.
2. We will contact you as quickly as possible to arrange a mutually agreeable date to carry out a site survey by one of our expert close control engineers. The survey will ascertain the suitability of your application for free cooling. We will then provide you with a free quotation and a projection of cost savings.
3. On acceptance of our quotation, we will design a custom designed system and provide the ducted infrastructure, sensors, dampers and control system which will automatically manage and maximise the free cooling available and saving on running costs. We will also provide a monitoring system for you to see the cost savings in real-time.
4. We will then schedule your custom designed installation by our fully qualified in-house engineers.
5. On completion of works, we will complete a handover package and provide product training to the relevant staff.
If you’d like to find out whether free cooling would be suitable for your premises, give us a call, email or contact us via our website with your contact details, outlining your requirements. We’ll be in touch as soon as possible to arrange a site survey and our expert close control engineers will talk you through everything you need to know.
Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM)
Cinque Energy Solutions’ planned preventive maintenance programmes are tailored to each of our client’s business operations. The aim of preventative maintenance is to increase the systems operational reliability and reduce the occurrence of expensive and inconvenient breakdowns by carrying out scheduled services. Our programmes also aim to increase the efficiency and life expectancy of the critical equipment essential for the client’s operating needs.
Reactive Maintenance and Emergency Call Out
Cinque Energy Solutions has a dedicated emergency call out team who are available 24/7, 365 days a year to deal with your property maintenance needs. All our customers have access to our helpdesk, which is there to assist on pending works or day-to-day requirements. We also offer technical support to our clients, either in person, via email or by calling our offices.
Our emergency call out service is manned by our multi-disciplined service and electrical engineering team who are continuously trained using both internal and external CIPD programmes.
We’re used to responding to all kinds of requests from customers who need our reactive maintenance assistance, day or night. Whether it’s urgent or not, we will respond in appropriate and agreed timescales.
Building Equipment Refurbishment
Cinque Energy Solutions provides technical engineering solutions to building refurbishment requirements by assisting the client from the initial concept right through to the finished project. We help them to specify the right equipment, whether it’s a complete building refurbishment or, as an example, installation of a new chiller, generator or air conditioning system.
We have the expertise to ensure the design of the equipment delivers what the client needs in order to achieve operational requirements and to reduce its operating costs through energy efficient solutions. We have partnerships with companies who work with us providing building support and we offer complete project management, working to high standards of service and professionalism.